This crash course provides the necessary vocabulary and drafting techniques to understand and improve your contracts in English. It will enable you to improve in style, syntax, and correct vocabulary, and use of legal sentences in English. We emphasise practical skills: you will learn the necessary techniques to draft clear, efficient contracts and avoid common pitfalls. The training will provide you with a greater capacity to understand and draft contracts in English with confidence, lucidity and precision.
The course is the shortened one-day course of our highly popular and effective Drafting International Contracts course. Both this and the longer version are ideal for individuals who are in new legal environments that require more correspondence in an international setting and dealing with contracts in English.
Intermediate level in English.
PLACE OF TRAINING
6 hours/1 day crash course
YOUR CONSULTANT – TRAINER
Native English-speaking lawyer-consultants. The consultants are qualified professionals with experience in the world of continuing education.
• Understand the Anglo-Saxon terminology of contracts: contracts and deeds, express and implied terms, warranties and guarantees, damages and liquidated damages.
• Acquire knowledge on the main structure and clauses of international contracts.
• Use the adequate verbs to create clear legal rights and obligations.
• Recognise drafting ambiguities to effectively re-draft poorly written clauses.
• Practice drafting contractual clauses in a clear and efficient manner.
• Draft effective standard clauses that can be used across the organisation to manage exposure to legal risk.
• Understand the principles of using plain English within your contract to reduce uncertainty.
• Focus on agreement structure, linguistic clarity and accuracy to draft with confidence.
• Discover how to avoid over-complex sentences and structures to limit the risk of dispute.
• Liability risk protection including indemnities, exclusion and limitation of liability clauses.
• Remedial clauses and damages.
• Force majeure.
• Boilerplate clauses.
ECLA will issue a certificate to each participant at the end of the course indicating the exact hours of training.
The online course will take place on 27 June with the following schedule:
09:00-12:00 CEST – Class
12:00-13:00 CEST – Lunch break
13:00-16:00 CEST – Class
(You can select your favoured schedule during checkout)
More schedules are currently planned and will be communicated shortly. Get informed
695,00€ – 995,00€
Discount for ECLA Members*
Discounts for large groups and individual company packages can be arranged – please contact: email@example.com
*ECLA Member: You must be an in-house counsel and individual member of an ECLA national member association. For the list of national member associations please visit www.ecla.eu