This introductory course addresses the rules and requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), promulgated by the EU with effect from 2018. It will help you develop your understanding of the legal requirements for your company and provide you with practical and useable knowledge.
Intermediate level in English.
PLACE OF TRAINING
YOUR CONSULTANT – TRAINER
Native English-speaking lawyer-consultants. The consultants are qualified professionals with experience in continuing education.
PROGRAM CONTENT AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• What is Data protection about?
• Why do we have a Data Protection regime?
• What are the sources of Data Protection in the EU?
• History of Data protection in the EU (directive/regulation/lex specialis for Privacy and Electronic Communications)
• What is Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data?
• Territorial scope (ratione Materiae and rationae loci)
• Principles of consent, loyalty, proportionality, purpose-bound
• Obligations of the person responsible for data processing (Accountability)
• Rights of the Data Subject
• Basic precautions which should be implemented systematically in the workplace
ECLA will issue a certificate to each participant at the end of the course indicating the exact hours of training.
Mondays (09:00 – 10:30): Feb 1/8/15 – Mar 1/8/15/29 – Apr 12
Mondays (10:30 – 12:00): Feb 1/8/15 – Mar 1/8/15/29 – Apr 12
(You can select your favoured schedule during checkout)
995,00€ – 1.295,00€
Discount for ECLA Members*