Participants will demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse and critique issues in the litigation context. Participants will apply the skills of problem-solving, collaboration, counselling and persuasion. This course will also provide an in-depth understanding of litigation terminology.
Intermediate level in English.
PLACE OF TRAINING
YOUR CONSULTANT – TRAINER
Native English-speaking lawyer-consultants. The consultants are qualified professionals with experience in continuing education.
• Develop a theory of the case/defence based on the facts & evidence
• Define the claim/defence: identify key legal issues
• Develop key arguments for your client
• Cite relevant jurisprudence or evidence to support arguments
• Ask relevant questions to opposing counsel/witnesses in a discovery/trial
• Negotiation: explore possibility of settlement
• Persuasion: convince a court of your client‘s case
• Understand the court‘s decision and reasoning
• Explain the case to colleagues
ECLA will issue a certificate to each participant at the end of the course indicating the exact hours of training.
(You can select your favoured schedule during checkout)
More schedules are currently planned and will be communicated shortly. Get informed